Frankland Day Care is a licensed non-profit child care centre. We have been operating for more than 25 years, providing school-age child care for children attending Frankland Community Public School (during the School year).
Frankland Day Care Centre provides parents and guardians peace of mind knowing your children are safe and stimulated throughout your work day.
Programs operate daily from 7:30 am – 6:00 pm during the school year, summer, March & winter breaks and Toronto District School Board Professional Activity days! (excluding statutory holidays & Easter Monday)
Currently Frankland Day Care does not offer a lunch program (due to COVID-19 T.D.S.B. restrictions). We hope to resume this service in the near future.
Frankland Day Care operates three separate programs to ensure age appropriate programming for the children.
- Our JK/SK program operates from inside Frankland Community Public School.
- Frankland Day care office and two School age programs (grades 1 – 6) operate from the portables outside of the school.
- Each portable is heated and air conditioned.
Frankland Day Care’s philosophy is to ensure that each child is secure, safe, supported and stimulated in an atmosphere where children are free to grow to their full potential.
- To provide child care that promotes and nurtures the child’s physical, social, creative, emotional and cognitive development.
- To provide activities which are structured and are at other times informal to allow for free individual expression through the use of bias free materials.
- Assist the children in developing a positive self-image through appropriate and challenging experiences geared towards their development.
- Teach the children to respect that every person has a right to freedom from discrimination.
- Each of the three age groups creates programs to meet the developmental needs appropriate to that age group, complimented by a child centered approach.